Mission-Driven Impact Investing
We invest in mission-driven companies that are developing new products, tools, and services to improve the lives of people living in urban poverty. These investments fuel progress in education, health, and family economic stability in India, South Africa, and the United States.
We evaluate investment applications based on these initial criteria:
- The project is aligned with our mission of improving lives of children and youth living in urban poverty.
- Its geographic focus is India, South Africa, or the United States.
- Its programmatic focus area and location is education (all locations), or family economic stability (in India, South Africa, and the U.S. regions of Central Texas and Greater Boston).
- Funding will be put toward continued delivery of social impact, and reaching financial sustainability or scalability of the project.
- The project or organization has developed the product / service and has a proof of concept (we do not invest in projects at an idea stage).
- The project or organization has a strong team of founders or management that are committed to the success of the project, and are keenly interested in creating, measuring, and scaling positive social impact.
- The project or organization follows the highest levels of transparency, integrity, and ethics, and is amenable to instituting strong governance principles.
- The organization is a social enterprise (for profit or nonprofit), association, board, charitable trust, community foundation, direct service organization, not-for-profit company, government, pass-through organization, private foundation, religious organization, school, or education organization.
Seeking an investment?
We use a range of financial tools and structures to support mission-driven companies driving social progress. These include equity, convertible instruments, debt, impact bonds, and guarantees.Start your application